Option Care a National Home Infusion Provider Partners with The ALS Association
Over 100 individuals living with ALS have started care in the comfort of their home with Option Care using RadicavaTM
BANNOCKBURN, Ill., Oct. 30, 2017 – Option Care Enterprises, Inc., the nation’s largest independent provider of home and alternate treatment site infusion services, has partnered with The ALS Association to offer education, support and enhance the quality of life for individuals affected by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
With the approval of RADICAVATM (edaravone), the first ALS treatment option approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in more than 20 years, there’s now an increased need to have access to home infusion services. Option Care is proud to be a nationally contracted home infusion provider of RADICAVATM (edaravone), supporting the ALS community by providing the ability for individuals living with ALS to receive treatment in the comfort of their home. Already, over 100 starts of care have successfully been initiated with RadicavaTM (edaravone). In addition, Option Care provides the industry’s leading nutrition support program and enteral therapy for many individuals living with ALS.
“Option Care applauds The ALS Association’s mission and recognizes their efforts in giving help and hope to those facing the disease,” said John Rademacher, CEO, Option Care. “We look forward to this new partnership with The ALS Association and the ability to be part of providing education, support and services to those living with the disease.”
“We’re deeply grateful for Option Care’s willingness to support our mission of helping people with ALS and their families,” said Calaneet Balas, Executive Vice President of Strategy for The ALS Association. “We’re proud to partner with Option Care as its services are more critical now than ever.”
关于 Option Care
Option Care Enterprises, Inc. (Option Care) 是全美最大和最值得信赖的家庭和备选治疗站点输液服务提供者。作为行业领导者，本公司汲取了近 40 年的临床护理经验，提供以患者为中心的治疗管理。Option Care 的标志性家庭输液+服务包括输液药物的临床管理、护理支持和护理协调。Option Care 由 1,800 多名临床医师（包括药剂师、护士和营养师）组成的多学科团队能够为美国各地需要接受复杂和慢性病治疗的几乎所有患者提供家庭输液服务覆盖。有关详情请访问 www.OptionCare.com。
About The ALS Association
The ALS Association is the only national non-profit organization fighting Lou Gehrig’s Disease on every front. By leading the way in global research, providing assistance for people with ALS through a nationwide network of chapters, coordinating multidisciplinary care through certified clinical care centers, and fostering government partnerships, The Association builds hope and enhances quality of life while aggressively searching for new treatments and a cure. For more information about The ALS Association, visit our website at www.alsa.org.
Before you receive RADICAVA, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- have asthma.
- are allergic to other medicines.
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if RADICAVA will harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if RADICAVA passes into your breast milk. You and your healthcare provider should decide if you will receive RADICAVA or breastfeed.
What are the possible side effects of RADICAVA?
- RADICAVA may cause serious side effects including hypersensitivity (allergic) reactions and sulfite allergic reactions.
- Hypersensitivity reactions have happened in people receiving RADICAVA and can happen after your infusion is finished.
- RADICAVA contains sodium bisulfite, a sulfite that may cause a type of allergic reaction that can be serious and life-threatening. Sodium bisulfite can also cause less severe asthma episodes in certain people. Sulfite sensitivity can happen more often in people who have asthma than in people who do not have asthma.
- Tell your healthcare provider right away or go to the nearest emergency room if you have any of the following symptoms: hives; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; fainting; breathing problems; wheezing; trouble swallowing; dizziness; itching; or an asthma attack (in people with asthma).
- Your healthcare provider will monitor you during treatment to watch for signs and symptoms of all the serious side effects.
These are not all the possible side effects of RADICAVA. Call your healthcare provider for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America, Inc. at 1-888-292-0058 or FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For more information, including full Prescribing Information and Patient Information, please visit www.RADICAVA.com.